The Cloud Essentials Course™ is a 2-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. This introductory course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business and technical perspectives
of cloud computing. It will also explain how to adopt, operate, and govern the cloud. The course enables participants to successfully complete the associated CompTIA® Cloud Essentials Exam to become Cloud Essentials Certified. In addition, the course complements the Virtualization Essentials course, which they can do either before or after they have taken the Cloud Essentials course.
- This course has been designated as CompTIA Approved Quality Content.
- Cloud Essentials courseware is tested by ProCert Labs
- Cloud Essentials Courseware is accredited by the Cloud Credential Council.
Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of XA Data Internationals courses, because it puts participants in the right mind-set to apply the principles in a realistic setting. The role-play activities included in this course present a real world connection, using situations that can occur in the day-to-day life of participants. Moreover, interactivities such as brainstorms, quizzes, and discussions add to the interactive nature of this course.
IT Support Staff, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Analysts, Small and Mid-Size Business Owners, Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test, and so on), Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, System Integrators, Architects, Consultants, IT Management
At the end of this course, the learner will be introduced to:
- Common terms and definitions of cloud computing
- The business benefits and business considerations of cloud computing
- Cloud computing from a technical perspective and recognize the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds
- The impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management
- Typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing and understand the implications for organizations
- The compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of cloud computing and its financial and strategic impact on an organization
There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain
- The course includes an Exam Preparation module, preparing participants to complete the CompTIA Cloud Essentials™ Exam on the second day of the course.
- The exam consists of 50 questions, the passing score is 720 (on a scale of 900), and is web-based in English, Japanese and Portuguese.