The TOGAF 9.1 Level 2 Certified course is a 3-day, interactive, classroom based learning experience. The course focuses on the practical application of TOGAF™ 9 framework, building on the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1, using practical scenarios to enforce concepts.
The purpose of certification for TOGAF 9.1 Level 2, known as TOGAF 9.1 Certified, is to provide validation that in addition to the knowledge and comprehension of TOGAF 9.1 Foundation, the candidate is able to analyze and apply this knowledge. The learning objectives at this level therefore focus on application and analysis in addition to knowledge and comprehension.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- How to apply the ADM phases in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- How to apply the concept of Building Blocks
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain. Note, to be certified on TOGAF 9.1 Level 2, it is required to have passed the TOGAF Level 1 exam.
The exam is in open‐book format, and includes 8 complex multiple-choice scenario‐based questions. The exam lasts for 90 minutes and can be taken onsite (online) or through Prometric testing centers.